Colorful Easter dinner
TM’s uncles and their families, along with my Dad, were here for Easter dinner and we had a very colorful looking meal. I’ve included the menu, along with some recipe links . I also wrote out my very simple “recipe” for pasta salad.
- 13 pound turkey
- A tiny little ham, but turned out to have more slices than I really expected. There were even three slices left over
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes from Barefoot Contessa
- Pasta salad with vegetables and Zesty Italian Dressing
- Melon salad with Ginger Mint Dressing, although I substituted fresh strawberries for the watermelon in my version
- One of TM’s uncles brought purchased pumpkin and apple pies and vanilla ice cream
- 8 oz box whole wheat penne pasta
- Variety of vegetables to total about 3 cups, such as the items I used today, which were carrots, red onion, blanched asparagus, red pepper, tomatoes, cucumber and celery
- 20 black olives, sliced
- 1 cup Zesty Italian Dressing — make your own or use one you’ve purchased.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool. Add chopped vegetables and olives. Then stir in salad dressing.