Before Labor Day, I shared some recipes that we planned to try and promised to let you know what we thought of them. Here’s my update.
- Gingerbread oatmeal - this recipe looked so delicious when reading it but it didn’t live up to our expectations. All those spices in the water didn’t really affect the taste much of the cooked oatmeal. I think I may try this again on my own, but add in some of these same spices just before serving the oatmeal.
- Cowboy Caviar – one of my favorites and I enjoyed it again. T had some leftover tortilla chips from a work event so we ended up eating it with chips (not real food, BTW) and both enjoyed it.
- Grilled Berry Crisp – we didn’t get a chance to make this recipe
- Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Basil and Tomato – TM grilled the chicken without stuffing it. We had the tomato and basil on the side.
- Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing – a nice fruit salad that almost felt like dessert. We had enough for leftovers for a second meal and it still tasted food the next day. I hope to plant mint soon; it can be pretty expensive to get fresh herbs at the grocery store
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Basil, Shrimp and Bacon – by far the recipe of the weekend. TM and I both loved this and will definitely make it again. It had many layers of flavor including the bacon, clam juice and shrimp. Delicious!
(Sorry, I didn’t think to take a picture of any of these dishes)